Strategic Plan: Plans of Action
For any company to achieve its goals and objectives, it must have a clear action plan that is comprehensible (Bibeault, 1998, p.234). The company’s plans of action will ensure that it achieves its set out goals and objectives. In order to succeed, the company has the following action plans;
- There will be effective and efficient coordination with all the levels of the company departments including the administrative and the operational personnel; it is the administrative and operating personnel who will be greatly involved in the execution of the company’s plans of action which shall be subdivided into smaller and specific work plans.
- The company shall assign responsibilities to each department taking into account the expertise needed to accomplish such responsibilities. In this case, the company shall emphasize the culture of strictly working within a specific set timeline that will ensure short term goals and objectives are met; this will finally translate into the company meeting its long term goals and objectives. Moreover, the employees will be required to come up with working plans alongside time activity schedules that must have particular action steps.
- The company will ensure that the necessary resources required for the execution of all core business activities are available at the right time and in sufficient amounts. In relation to this, the employees and any other stakeholder working within the company will be required to use the resources in an efficient and effective manner so as to avoid wastage which can otherwise lead to high cost of operations. Moreover, to ensure that the resources are properly utilized, the company will create a special department that will directly deal with the procurement of resources and their appropriate allocation to various departments.
- The company will also adopt very efficient marketing strategies through the use of its marketing department in collaboration with top marketing companies. With regards to this, the company has increased its marketing budget from the previous 10% of the total annual revenue to 15% of annual revenue. This is expected to boost the number of clients seeking our services and using our commercial facilities.
- To ensure that the action plans of the company are constantly aligned with the achievement of goals and objectives, the company will perform constant monitoring and evaluating the progress of the implementation of various actions and, where possible, give a recommendation of any necessary changes in the action plans.
- The goals and objectives of the company will be divided into short-term and long-term. The implementation will focus on meeting the short term goals with the long-term ones kept in the bigger picture.
- It will be necessary to enlist customer feedback on whether the company’s products are satisfying their needs or not and also on where the company can make improvements. Besides, the employees of the company and other stakeholders will also be given a chance to contribute and give their personal evaluation of the company and how they think it can improve its services both to them and the clients. These will be accomplished through score cards, the company’s website and surveys.
- The company will increase the number of aircrafts so as to expand its services to cover other wider geographical regions. This will help the company to increase its marginal revenue in terms of accrued profits
Policies and Procedures for Implementation
The strategic action plans may not be achievable if proper guidelines are not put into place (Wilson, 2004, p.6). The company is committed to ensuring that all the goals and objectives are met as scheduled in its strategic plan. It will therefore operate along the following policies:
- Commencement dates, milestone dates and the expected accomplishment date must be documented to make easy tracking of the company’s progress
- The employee’s salaries must be paid within the first week of every month; this is expected to motivate them to concentrate on the core business of the company
- All employees shall be required to arrive at their workstations in time and leave at the recommended time, unless otherwise stated or authorized by either of the supervisors.
- The company will handle complaints from its clients in not more than two days depending on the magnitude of the customers’ complaints. Our obligation is to give our customers the best of services they deserve.
- All disputes within the company will be handled by a specially constituted committee to avoid any interference with the smooth implementation of the company’s strategic plans. This will also ensure that there are minimal conflicts between the company officials and the employees.
- To ensure the employees work effectively and efficiently, the company will always ensure that the necessary amenities are available to the employees and other staff members. These will include clean working environments, cloaks for men and women, constant flow of water and showers.
- The company will also introduce the policy of rewards to employees where those who work hard for the company will be rewarded for their commitment and achievements of specific goals
- The action plans will be implemented according to the priorities set out in the strategic plan, unless otherwise changed as a recommendation resulting from monitoring and evaluation of the whole process
- The successful implementation of the strategic plan also depends on the community around the company’s operations; the company will therefore, strengthen its involvement in corporate social responsibility through various activities such as, supporting local community development projects, giving scholarships and sponsorships to bright students within the local communities and participating in advocacy for environmental sustainability.
- The company will ensure that all its operations and process of implementing the strategic plan are consistent with the laws governing both local and international airlines.
- The company will ensure that there is, in place, a system of information and communication that will give support to the process of discovering, grasping, and exchanging information in a way and within a time frame that will enable the stakeholder of the company to execute their responsibilities effectively.
Control & Feedback Plan
The company will adopt a control and feedback plan that will ensure its activities stay on course. This is important for any corporate organization that wants to achieve its goals and objectives (Mukherjee, 2005, p.58). The company will adopt a performance management program for all the employees. This will ensure that goals and objectives of the company are achieved in an efficient and effective manner. The performance management program for the company will also center on the company’s overall performance, all the departments, product building process and also procurement, distribution and utilization of the resources. In doing performance management, the company will be able to get feedback through the following strategies:
- The company will be conducting constant observations and assessments to the performances within the company. This processes will involve the supervisors who will be engaged in observing and assessing how customers respond to the company’s services and this will include keeping contact with all the departments.
- The company’s employees, directors and head of departments will be encouraged to share, on a continuous basis; these people will share their impressions and ideas on how well the company is achieving its goals and objectives and also provide suggestions on what to improve or change during the implementation process
- The executive officials of the company will be conducting performance appraisals which will involve the documentation of the results expected, the company’s progress towards achieving its goals and objectives, the level of performance standard and recommendations for improving performance
- The control of the company will include ensuring a very reliable financial reporting system, compliance with operating laws on local and international aviation. The control system adopted by the company will also ensure that the external payments are done within agreed time to avoid legal suites and court cases that may slow down the operations and increase operational costs
- The control of the company will also focus on maintaining and sustaining the company’s resources which include, amongst other things, the necessary machinery, the aircrafts, facilities used by the company’s customers and office furniture.
- Assessment and analysis will be done to establish the risks that may affect the process of meeting the company’s goals and objectives and respond by recommending appropriate interventions. This will also be the premise on which risk factors will be managed throughout the life of company
- The company will make use of surveys in receiving feedback from clients at given time intervals.
- Bibeault, D. (1998). Corporate Turnaround: How Managers Turn Losers Into Winners. New York: Beard Books.
- Mukherjee, S. (2005). Organization & Management and Business Communication. New Delhi: New Age International.
- Wilson, A. (2004). Library Web sites: Creating online collections and services. New york: ALA Editions.