The society keeps on changing over time, and so does every aspect of life. Jobs and the work environments evolve in line with societal changes driven by social, economic, technological, environmental, and political factors. By looking at the past and the present, we can accurately predict the way the future of work is going to emerge. The trends in job and workplaces point to a future with new job sets, virtual workplaces, and incorporation of artificial intelligence in organizational operations.Click the button, and we will write you a custom essay from scratch for only $13.00 $11.05/page 322 academic experts available
In the future, working will incorporate features that enhance productivity, cooperation, efficiency, and employee satisfaction. The work environment is undergoing changes that aim at reducing human conflicts, enhancing working space, accessibility by employees, and improving employee-client relations. Jobs are changing as technological advancements take over traditional roles, prompting humans to develop new job postings. While many people argue that technology is causing job losses, recent patterns indicate changes in functions and work platforms rather than the overall reduction in the rate of employment. For example, while robots are taking over some manufacturing and delivery jobs, the internet is providing new virtual posts. In the manufacturing sector, people are shifting to new positions of giving oversight to machines, away from manual work. Similarly, workplaces are changing from physical locations to virtual platforms that allow people to work efficiently.
The future of jobs will also feature more fluidity in job descriptions. Due to the need to adapt to changes in society, humans are becoming more dynamic, skilled, and more informed. The increasing proficiency of employees is allowing them to take on multiple jobs in one organization. There will be a breakdown in the rigid organizational structures in favor of more longitudinal project team structures. The longitudinal work relations favor working remotely, since every person operates independently without the need to be a subordinate to a superior. According to the Dubai Future Foundation, the future will feature more agility, people-centered, and inclusive systems that rely on individuals and organizational executives in equal measure. The industries have already embraced remote working, such as information technology firms and marketing companies recorded higher productivity, reduced costs, and more cooperation (Dubai Future Foundation). Other industries are now taking the lessons and adapting the same method of operations.
Further, remote working reduces capital investments in office spaces, furniture, and equipment. It also reduces environmental pollution from vehicles because of reduced traveling and less energy consumption. The World Economic Forum explains that globalization is also reducing the focus on the physical presence of employees, as the search for skills and talent transcend national boundaries (World Economic Forum). The rising trend where people offer their services to organizations across the globe is going to increase. Therefore, there is going to be a shift from office work to consultancy services through virtual platforms.
Political intolerance and instabilities will also shape the work environments as employers seek to ensure employee safety in risky zones. People will continue to adopt remote working as the predominant style of operations. The prevalence of remote working will likely spur individualism and the breakdown of social bonds among employees. The result will be highly efficient organizations that operate on digital platforms, depending on technology and individual workers. However, the future will not obliterate physical work but will enhance jobs and work environments.
- Changes in job descriptions result from the combination of changes in the social, technological, political, economic, and environmental spheres.
- The drivers of change operate together to deliver new job sets that did not exist, as machines take over the existing jobs.
- Changes in work culture are also pushing for a shift from physical workplaces to virtual operating environments. Organizations are recognizing the need to adapt to changes quickly to remain relevant. Individuals are also adapting to changes to retain their value in the job market. The understanding of the need for change is driving the path to the future job and work environments.
- Rise of new job roles will force organizations to adopt the appropriate technologies and processes to remain relevant.
- The shift from physical to virtual work environments will reduce employee interactions, corporate expenses while also increasing productivity. Overall, organizations will benefit greatly from changes in work environments. Employees will also gain the benefits of reduced traveling costs and minimized conflicts.
Dubai Future Foundation. “Dubai Foundation Looks into The Future of Work.” Dubaifuture.gov, 2020. Web.Only 3 hours, and you will receive a custom essay written from scratch tailored to your instructions
World Economic Forum. “Future of Work.” World Economic Forum. Web.