Networking – the exchange of information and contacts between people of a certain profession. Allows people to enrich their pool of knowledge. Gives an opportunity to make professional connection. Opens up career possibilities.Click the button, and we will write you a custom essay from scratch for only $13.00 $11.05/page 322 academic experts available
Networking in the Digital Age
Digital Communication has become more prevalent. Social media and messaging are used to keep in contact. New ways of interacting allow people to communicate internationally.
Networking within specific work-related spheres and communities. Allows to find people with specific competencies easier. Creates a platform for diverse professional discussion and cooperation.
Main Platforms for Niche Networking
- Stack Overflow, ActiveRain, etc.
Niche Networking Sites: LinkedIn
The biggest Niche Networking platform. Connects people in the job market. Used by the majority of firms and hiring agencies in the world.
Niche Networking Sites: LinkedIn (cont.)
- An easy was to review and access a person’s competencies
- Allows a person to create a professional image
- Aids people both starting out and already in the industry
Niche Networking Sites
- Social media platform for illustrators and designers
- Aids in building a professional portfolio
- Supported and spearheaded by Adobe – a veteran of graphic arts
Niche Networking Sites: GoodwallOnly 3 hours, and you will receive a custom essay written from scratch tailored to your instructions
- A networking platform for students and beginning professionals
- Links future experts with the types of work most suitable to them
- Works as a starting point into the field of networking
Niche Networking Benefits
- Allows a person to put themselves and their achievements forward
- More focused and professional than traditional social media
- Quick, easy to use and access
Niche Networking Benefits (cont.)
- Facilitates international relationships
- Builds professional image
- Optimizes the process of work communications
Limits of Niche Networking
- Does not fully translate a person’s character and work attitude
- Platforms other than LinkedIn are limited in reach
- More prone to falsification of professional credentials
Influence on International Relations
- Introduces people to international ways of business organization, strategy and professional prowess
- Connects people all across the globe
- Gives each person an equal platform to demonstrate their skills
Influence on International Relations (cont.)
- Enhance knowledge and competence in the professional sphere
- Gives insight into a particular country’s markets, regulations or industry
Niche Networking among Different GenerationsGet a 15% discount for your first original paper from our academic experts
- Generation Y – Millennials – actively use networking in both personal and work life
- Generation Z – Zoomers – prefer online networking in virtual spaces
- Generation Alpha – use networking for personal and work gain
Millennials and Niche Networking
- Informal communication and constant feedback
- Deep long-term mentor-student relationship
- Extensive use of social media platforms for active networking
Millennials and Niche Networking (cont.)
Networking is an activity to create a system of social contacts and connections useful for business or professional development. Niche networking allows professionals to seek out valuable contacts and information in their field. LinkedIn, Behance, and Goodwall are pioneers in the niche networking who provide job-seekers with an insight into the market and its offers
Invest Northern Ireland. (n.d.). Networking for staff development: Advantages of international networking. NI Business Info. Web.
Davis, J., Wollf, H.-G., Forret, M. L., & Sullivan, S. E. (2020). Networking via LinkedIn: An examination of usage and career benefits. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 118. Web.
Denan, Z., Munir, Z. A., Fadzil, N. H., Kamaruddin, K., & Dzulkifli, M. R. (2020). Millennials and the use of social networking sites as a job searching tool. Bulletin of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, 9(1), 292–297. Web.For $13.00 $11.05/page, our academic experts will deliver a completely original paper according to your requirements
Koksal, I. (2019). The rise of niche and vertical social networks. Forbes. Web.
Kagan, J. (2021). Networking Definition. Investopedia. Web.